Thursday, May 12, 2005

Going out for Clams

Two days ago, I didn't eat enough vegetables through the day. I told myself I would have a huge salad at dinner. It was a gorgeous day and we decided to go out.

We wound up at an old New England clamshack, established in 1916 or something like that. I ended up with steamers and fries. The only thing that resembled a vegetable on the menu was coleslaw, and I do not like coleslaw. All that mayonnaise... ick.

I was lucky to find the steamers. At these traditional places, everything is usually fried.

The day after, I woke up feeling stuffed. The french fries sat in my stomach in a lump. I had a very good vegetable/fruit day yesterday and I woke up today feeling normal.

I can't imagine eating fried food all the time. How do people do it?

No comments: