Monday, May 23, 2005

Adult Acne

I have a form of adult acne. It is pretty much under control, but I occasionally get flare-ups. Right now, I have a little flare up which I attribute to the changing seasons. The air has been more humid.

To fight my acne condition I am going to:

1. Drink plenty of water. I believe that water helps keep my skin clear.

2. Drink Chamomile tea. This is one of my favorite teas. It is relaxing and I use some of the leftover tea as a toner.

3. Use a product with salicylic acid. I like Neutrogena products for this. Alpha hydroxy acids dry out my skin and make the problem worse.

4. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. A healthy diet helps keep my acne problem under control. The healthier my diet, the better my skin looks.

Now that I have a strict workout schedule that will cause me to sweat a lot, I need to pay extra special attention to my skin. Exercise helps skin circulation, but I have to make sure to wash my skin well after.

1 comment:

Katherine Huether said...

I feel so much better in general drinking water too. :)