Monday, May 23, 2005

Adult Acne

I have a form of adult acne. It is pretty much under control, but I occasionally get flare-ups. Right now, I have a little flare up which I attribute to the changing seasons. The air has been more humid.

To fight my acne condition I am going to:

1. Drink plenty of water. I believe that water helps keep my skin clear.

2. Drink Chamomile tea. This is one of my favorite teas. It is relaxing and I use some of the leftover tea as a toner.

3. Use a product with salicylic acid. I like Neutrogena products for this. Alpha hydroxy acids dry out my skin and make the problem worse.

4. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. A healthy diet helps keep my acne problem under control. The healthier my diet, the better my skin looks.

Now that I have a strict workout schedule that will cause me to sweat a lot, I need to pay extra special attention to my skin. Exercise helps skin circulation, but I have to make sure to wash my skin well after.

9 comments:

Aurelius said...

Thankyou. I shall pass this advice to my girlfriend. :)

Katherine Huether said...

You're welcome!

J. said...

I feel so much better when I drink water!! Great advice.

Katherine Huether said...

I feel so much better in general drinking water too. :)

Kate said...

Gahhh....that is the most annoying thing about working out. The breakouts that follow. I jump in the shower almost immediately after I come home from the gym (a 5 minute walk, if that) but I still get them. Grrr.....

acne treatments said...

Hey K herine Huether,

Your blog "Adult Acne", leads me to believe you will find my information on skin care acne cosmetic and other acne subjects to be beneficial.

If you have a few minutes to spare, please have a look at my articles on skin care acne cosmetic now!

Best Wishes

Kate said...

Really nice blog. I often browse the web for love and dating related sites and articles and last time I found http://top-personals.net. Check it if you’re looking for get laid.

acne relief said...

Hi K herine Huether,

As a result of reading your blog "Adult Acne", I think you will discover my site on acne tips a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of topics, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

acne skin care product
acne medication
adult acne
african american acne skin care
acne alternative treatment
skin care acne cosmetic
acne cure


We have many interesting articles covering all aspects of acne treatment.

Best Regards

BlogDawg1 said...

Hi. I am out searching for the latest info on acne treatments and found your site. I am doing some research for a ratings & reviews site. Although this wasn't exactly what I am looking for, it caught my attention. I'm glad I checked it out anyway - good posts. If you want, you can check out the site I am writing for at http://www.ReviewPlace.com