Friday, October 21, 2005
The bextra lawsuit is in place to try and help the victims.
Just when you think you are safe...
So what can you do to protect youself? Always do your homework. Which drugs are you taking? You should research all the information that is out there so you can make informed health decisions.
- Purchase staple items. Packaged and pre-cooked foods are expensive. Example- packaged rice mixes can cost $1.50 or more. Instead, make your own. Buy a huge bag of rice and cook with either a bullion cube or two or homemade chicken stock.
- Homemade Chicken Stock. An excellent money saver. This hardly costs any money to put together. Buy a large chicken to roast. (You can stretch it to 2-3 meals). When there is hardly any meat left, simmer the bones in a giant soup pot in the crockpot for a few hours. Add a splash of vinegar to get more flavor out of the bones. The resulting stock is rich in flavor and high in nutritional value. Freeze it in ice cube trays for easy use.
- Buy seasonal produce. Seasonal produce is usually grown locally so it costs less.
- Gift certificates to your favorite restaurants
- a romantic getaway weekend
- diamond men's watches
- homemade keepsake gifts
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
- walked everywhere
- ate lots of wild plant foods
- drank lots of herbal, green, and rooibus tea
- jogged 3 miles, 3 times a week
- strength trained twice a week
- ate lots of fruits and vegetables, yogurt, small amounts of cheese, nuts, and good protein sources
My current plan is same as above, but I need to change around the exercise portion because I need to train for something. More on that later.
- walk 3 miles a day
- jog 5 miles, 3 x a week (in case I decide to run another marathon)
- strength train 4 times a week, two days upper body, two days lower body, each day core. (I need to train to climb a mountain and the first step of that is to build more muscle mass)
- Until I recover from the marathon, though, I won't be jogging so for now I will hop on the exercise bike each time I go to the gym.
- eat a little more protein than is my usual to assist in muscle formation
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Friday, October 14, 2005
- a blend with rosehips
- green tea
- a spiced rooibus
If that doesn't work? Perhaps I will try walking outside and brave the weather. I'll take my umbrella and it will remind me of Europe.
Monday, October 10, 2005
- Lush cosmetics Tricomania solid shampoo.
- Mega doses of ibuprofin to get rid of post marathon pain.
- A gps system like the ones in a rental we had in Europe.
- A second home in the Fuenfseenland in Germany.
- One of those ovens with a vent hood.
Well, yesterday, on October 9, 2005- I completed it!
And you know what? I want to do it again! This time, I will focus on running the ENTIRE thing. I joined a pace group that alternated running and walking... next time I want to run all of it.