Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cinnamon Spice

I was just thinking about cinnamon. I read a fact once about how 1/4 tsp cinnamon can help regulate blood sugar in diabetics.

I don't have diabetes, but I sure love the taste!

Here are some of my favorite things to do with cinnamon:

Stirred into hot milk
Sprinkled on oatmeal
A great compliment to fresh, in season apples
Wonderful compliment to hot chocolate
Cinnamon truffles!
Folded into chocolate cake frosting
As a seasoning to tomato rice pilaf
Seasoning for poultry- great in Morrocan style chicken
Cinnamon Toast (thanks to a friend from Susun Weed's forum! I forgot this one)
Couscous seasoned with tomato paste and cinnamon and topped with parmesan
In muffins, tea breads, pancakes

I would love some feedback. What are your favorite things to do with cinnamon? Email me and I will put the tips in my ezine. Natural_life_zine-owner@yahoogroups.com

* * * * *

Join me for recipes, gardening tidbits, and healthy living!
Send a blank email to subscribe: Natural_life_zine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

No comments: