Monday, September 04, 2006

Herbal Medicine Revival

I just recently renewed my passion for herbal medicine. I've been researching and reviewing my old lesson materials from Australasian. I have a Diploma in Herbal Studies from them and had a positive experience with their program. Anyway, I am excited to be back into it. I don't know where it will take me, but for a while, I've felt far away from the plants and as a result I don't feel as healthy.

It took me a little over two years to complete the program. It is their most advanced program, and I am now a Master Herbalist. I've learned much from the course and much on my own. For example, one of my favorite plants, stinging nettle, was touched on only briefly in the course.

That's okay, I don't fault them for that. I learned about forty herbs in detail through the program. It just so happens that I have a few herbs that I've gotten attached to and am inspired to learn in depth.

I just wish I didn't have a deadline tomorrow, and one on wednesday. I would much rather be working on my fun projects than writing articles on guitar companies and time management.

No comments: