Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Living a Healthy Lifestyle is all About Simplicity

I've learned the hard way that we tend to over complicate the process of being healthy and fit. We go to the gym all the time, we restrict our calories and measure our food portions. While this is good to some extent - things can get complicated and frustrating rather quickly.

Instead, I've discovered that simplicity reaps for more rewards than complexity. When we want to lose weight or become healthy, most of us reach for the self help books and magazines. I don't know about you, but when I do this it tends to overload my brain. When that happens, I don't do anything.

But when I keep things simple, great things start to happen. I lose weight. I get fit and healthy. My health improves and I don't get as many colds. My allergy symptoms nearly dissapear. Here's what I try to remember:
  • Maintain a simple yet balanced workout program that features activities that I love doing.
  • Drink plenty of water and herbal tea.
  • Eat lots of whole grains, a good amount of protein, and plenty of fruits and vegetables
  • Take a time released food based vitamin daily.
And that's it. Losing weight and being healthy is that simple. Yet, I often forget that. For more of my thoughts on this subject, read an article I wrote on eHow.com called How to Enhance Your Life Through Simple Living.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually these four can keep us healthy and happy...what a simple way to describe fit and good health and being...lovely.Ask a Nurse