Thursday, September 20, 2007

Herbal Remedies for Digestive Distress

When I have a stomach ache, I have several herbal remedies I turn to. Here is a short list of some of my favorites:
  • Chamomile - This is by far my favorite. It's gentle and manages to calm the aches down, especially if the stomach ache is caused by stress.
  • Peppermint - This is the herb I reach for if my stomach ache is the resule of flatulence. As a side note, I also use this for sinuses.
  • Digestive bitters - Herbs that are slightly bitter, such as dandelion, also help with stomach aches, especially if the stomach ache is the result of a full stomach.

If those three don't work, I may need to do some extra digging and find the cause of the stomach ache so I can find some additional herbal remedies.

No comments: