Monday, October 20, 2008

Rosemary - The Herb of the Week

When I was working towards my Diploma of Herbal Studies, I went through an "herb of the week" program in addition. The rules were simple. Each week I chose an herb to learn about and use. For example, one week I adopted Lavender to be my studied plant. I even made bread that had lavender flowers in it.

I've decided to revive this tradition. So, I chose Rosemary to be my plant of choice this week. This means that I will cook with it, use it for beauty, make ointments - whatever I can think to do with it. I believe this to be the best way to get to know a plant.

My first assignment? I am going to buy a fresh rosemary branch and stick it in a bottle of wine to use as a heart tonic. I read in my Australasian course materials that it is a good tonic for low blood pressure which is something I am afflicted with. Plus, I cook with wine all the time and rosemary infused wine will give my food an extra kick.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving so many usefulness of rosemary.Health Advocate

Unknown said...

Rosemary will make life more rosy I guess...

EMR

Anonymous said...

Good to know about these herbs...interesting and nice find!!!

More Medical Travel Info

MM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.